Design & Engineering
Case Study: Design Support of Engine Motor Mount for Epsilon II Platform
Key Issues Reported by Customer
- Existing design was an afterthought since the original cast design failed during testing.
- Current part has too many welds and was difficult to manufacture with any consistency.
- We requested and obtained the design envelope and load cases for the component.
- Redesigned the mount with three stampings eliminating the drawn-over-mandrel tubes and minimizing weld complexity.
- Conducted FEA structural analysis to validate the new design
The part prototyped took many of the elements in the Bailey design as shown below.